Find your next great read using Novelist, a database that has tons of read-alike recommendations or try selecting the next title you'd like to read from among these lists of recommendations, prize-winners and award-winners.
- NoveList - Browse book recommendations by genre or use NoveList to choose a book you’re in the mood for. Through the Minuteman Library Network, search through a database of over 92,000 fiction titles to find the book that’s just right for you.
- Modern Library - Reflects results of readers’ polls for the 100 Best novels and 100 Best works of nonfiction to jumpstart your reading or discussions.
- The Man Booker Prizes - Literary prize awarded each year for the best original novel, written in the English language and published in the UK.
- Pulitzer Prizes - Honors excellence in journalism and the arts.
- National Book Critics Circle Awards - Awarded each March to honor the best literature published in the United States in six categories, chosen by critics themselves.
- Goodreads - Share and read others’ book recommendations, book reviews and book ratings.
- Top Requests List - The top 50 books by current holds throughout the Minuteman Library Network.
An up-to-date, comprehensive list of all new materials – both both juvenile and adult – that the Library acquired during the previous month. To receive email notifications of the Library’s latest and best acquisitions, sign up here.
Book Discussion Group Resources
Begin a new book discussion group or reinvigorate an existing group with resources found here.
- Bookish - Each month Bookish recommends eight must-read book club picks.
- Reading Group Choices - Reading Group Choices partners with publishers, independent bookstores, public Libraries, and authors to enhance the shared reading group experience.
- Reading Group Guides - Find book summaries, discussion guides, tips for running a successful book group, contests and more.
Here are some favorite titles from the staff at the Sherborn Library.
- Books on the Bright Side - When you just need something not too dark and not too fluffy.
- Give the Gift of Reading: Adult Fiction - Some of our favorite fiction titles of 2018 that would be great to give as gifts.
- Give the Gift of Reading: Adult Nonfiction - Some of our favorite nonfiction titles of 2018 that would be great to give as gifts.
- If You Enjoyed 'A Gentleman in Moscow'... - You may also like some of these other great historical reads.
- If You Enjoyed 'The Woman in the Window'... - You may also like some of these other great thrillers.