Supersize your Library card with digital movies, books, research collections and more. These subscription databases are provided by funds from the State, the Town of Sherborn, the Minuteman Library Network and the Friends of the Sherborn Library.
Genealogical resource with thousands of family history databases, vital records, census records, ship passenger lists, military records, and more. Ancestry can be accessed in the Library.
The Boston Globe
Access full text article archive for the Boston Globe from 1980 - current.
Comprehensive source for unbiased advice about products and services, personal finance, health, nutrition, and other consumer concerns.
Cultural heritage materials held by more than 130 Massachusetts Libraries, museums, historical societies, and archives. Access to thousands digitized images, documents, sound recordings maps, photographs, paintings, letters and objects.
E-book collection allowing multi-user access with no waiting. Collection of over 20,000 titles from small and independent publishers. An app is required for mobile devices. For more information visit the Freading help page.
Permanent downloads of three songs per week from the Sony Music Entertainment Collection of more than 11 million songs. An app is required for mobile devices. The Freegal app is available for most mobile devices, visit the Freegal site for more information.
This genealogical database allows patrons home access to many of the same records as Ancestry, but not immigration or international records. Available in HeritageQuest but not in Ancestry are Periodical Source Index (PERSI) – 6600 titles from 1800+; Freedman’s Bank records (1865-1874); genealogy and local history books; U.S. Serials Set (1789-1969).
Download or stream a great selection of audiobooks, movies, music, comics, eBooks and TV. You never have to wait for content on hoolpla! For more information visit the hoopla Help page for device-specific guidance. Watch this great tutorial on how to get started using hoopla.
The Sherborn Library has content in this archive, digitized from our own print collection, including Sherborn Walks, The History of Sherborn and Guide to Sherborn, Sherborn Cemeteries, and the Daffodil Trail.
Kanopy is a video streaming solution offering access to more than 30,000 documentaries, movies, and educational videos from thousands of producers such as Criterion Collection, PBS, Great Courses, Kino Lorber and more.
Mango Languages offers instruction for dozens of languages, including ELL instruction. The Boston Public Library offers Mango Language Learning to all Massachusetts residents. To use Mango, you will need a Boston Public Library card. If you have one, great! If not, it's easy to get an electronic card online, by clicking here and completing the electronic form---no visit to Boston required.
Newspapers and Gale Databases
Peer-reviewed, full text articles from leading journals and reference sources. Extensive coverage of all academic disciplines, including full-text coverage of the New York Times since 1995. Updated daily. NEW in 2022:
- Britannica Moderna: Age-appropriate, Spanish-language resources.
- Gale LegalForms - Mass: Official, State Specific, Federal, Business, Personal, Real Estate and General forms covering hundreds of legal subjects and issues.
- Leadership and Management: Provides access to authoritative periodical content covering topics such as 21st-century skills, organizational dynamics and leadership, adult learning and continuing education, and more.
- PebbleGo: Engages upper elementary students with subject matter created for, and correlated to, state & national curriculum standards.
- Petersons's Test Prep: Find all the tools you need to discover your passion, ace your exams, and excel in your career.
- Transparent Languages for Libraries: Provides a fun, effective, and engaging experience for online language learners of all levels.
New York Times
Get complimentary digital access to The New York Times. Create an account to read articles on a Library computer or on wifi. You can also enjoy free access outside of Library by redeeming a code. The code grants 72-hours of free access once you log-in.
Resource for readers of all ages. Find read-alikes of authors and titles of interest. Search for books on a specific topic. Access theme-oriented lists, and book award lists. Watch this short video to learn the basics of Novelist.
OverDrive / Digital Media Catalog
A collection of more than 2 million popular audiobooks, e-books and videos. An app is required for mobile devices.
OverDrive users should start by setting up a Minuteman Account.
Click here for OverDrive's instructions for getting started on your particular device. Users who already have an account can access OverDrive here.
- eReaders: For eReaders that aren't Kindles and don't use apps
- Kindle eReaders: For all Kindles except Kindle Fire
- Libby App: Libby is OverDrive's free app that is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10
- OverDrive App: The OverDrive app is available for Android, Chromebook, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), Kindle Fire tablets, NOOK tablets and Windows 8 and up
- OverDrive on a Computer: Enjoy books on your Windows or Mac Computer. This guide is for all computers except Chromebooks and Windows 8 and above.
RBdigital has now been acquired by OverDrive. To learn about the transition go here. Otherwise check out the beautifully digitized copies of popular magazines from OverDrive (or the Libby app by OverDrive).
Links to local histories, genealogies, and resources digitized for inclusion in The Digital Commonwealth, including The Sherborn Historic Resource Survey: Historical Properties / Sherborn Historical Commission.
Social Law Library
Through a partnership with the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, the Social Law Library is making available to the Commonwealth's public Libraries access to its self-published, proprietary legal-research databases of Massachusetts court and state agency decisions, many of which are not publicly available in keyword-searchable format anywhere else. You'll have access to such databases as: Massachusetts General Laws, Code of Massachusetts Regulations, Supreme Judicial Court and many more. Access is in-Library use only and a password is needed. Please ask a Librarian for help logging in.
Don't See What You're Looking For?
The Boston Public Library also offers Digital Resources to Massachusetts residents! All you need to do is sign up for a Boston Public Library eCard. Click here to sign up for yours today.