Sherborn Library Construction Update
The Sherborn Library project team continues to strive toward completion of a beautifully renovated and expanded library to benefit residents of all ages. As with all major municipal construction projects, there are issues that arise over the course of construction -- the project team is making every effort to anticipate and manage these issues. Over the last 12 months, the Library Building Committee (LBC), Library Trustees, Select Board, Town Hall, and Town Counsel have been working together to address these issues, protect the Town’s interest, and successfully complete the project.
Project benefits include:
- Fully accessible, code compliant Library with 8,000 additional square feet of usable space
- New Children’s wing, Teen Media Room, Community/Event Room with seating for 120, Conference Room, Tutoring rooms
- Outdoor reading terrace, accessible pathways
- Significantly increased parking around the Town Campus
- Beautifully renovated and expanded Library to serve all residents for at least the next 30 years
The latest schedule from the contractor calls for substantial completion and move-in mid to late October 2018. We recognize that this long construction phase has been inconvenient and we appreciate everyone’s continued patience and support as we move the project towards completion. In particular, we are grateful to the Sherborn Community Center Foundation for allowing us to rent the 1st floor schoolroom as our temporary Library during construction.
-- Sherborn Library Trustees and Sherborn Library Building Committee